Shree Hanuman ji ki Chalisa
Shree Hanuman Chalisa – श्री हनुमान जी की चालीसा
Shri Hanuman is a symbol of strength. Shri Hanuman Chalisa’s mystical power is known to remove all problems and sorrows in life by the mere chanting of it. However few people know that these simple devotional verses contain all the secrets of success.
श्री हनुमान जी की चालीसा
A powerful Hanuman Chalisa for great benefits
The Hanuman Chalisa has benefited millions across generations through its mantra-shakti and ability to incite the deepest devotion in the most intensely troubled sadhak.
But do not think it to be limited to merely improving your state of mind! It is indeed an intensely powerful stotra (hymn) which can endow the saadhak (spiritual aspirant) with real power – physical, metaphysical and spiritual; and both for daily life and also for esoteric purposes.
A quick recap of the basics….
We have already covered the basic benefits of the Chalisa – building character and Ram Bhakti.
…then onto the master class!
The Hanuman Chalisa is a hymn of 40 verses adoring Hanuman and his great achievements in the context of the epic Ramayana. Each verse is also known as a chaupai (4 legged) and consists of a rhyming couplet.
It is the essence of the Sundara Kand of the Ramayana. In fact this is one of the very reasons for its unbelievable power to help any devotee – the Sundara Kand is prescribed to anyone with a strong will to make something happen which is beyond their control – one prominent example is hastening marriage.
There are of course a much broader set of benefits to reading or listening to the Chalisa daily – here is a full list:
- Removes bad karma of unknowingly insulting or harming a Guru or fellow devotee
- Wisdom and strength
- Divine knowledge
- Remove bad habits and company
- Cultivates bhakti
- Protection from snakes and bites
- Restores and improves career/social status
- Protection from malefic effect of planets
- Accomplish difficult tasks, break obstacles
- Rescue from crisis
- Fulfilment of desires
- Protection from Black Magic and spirits
- Ability to bear physical pain
- Victory over enemies
- Siddhis (occult powers)
- Mental peace
- Ethical judgement
- The Grace of Hanuman
This series will highlight which specific verses provide each of the benefits. within the Chalisa can be recited on their own as ‘mini-mantras’ to gain specific benefits.
Sadhaks have long discovered that there are specific benefits to chanting certain verses.
The benefits were outlined in the prior post. This part looks at the verses behind the first seven benefits, as below.
The first seven verses and benefits
- Removal of bad karma accrued against Guru or fellow devotees: First opening verse (Shree Guru Charana…)
- Wisdom and strength: Second opening verse (Buddhi Heena Tanu…)
- Divine knowledge (Brahmavidya): Verse 1 (Jaya Hanumaana gyaana…)
- Remove bad habits and company: Verse 3 (Mahaaveera Vikrama…)
- Cultivates bhakti: Verses 7 and 8 (Vidyaavaana gunee… and Prabhu charitra…)
- Protection from snakes and bites: Verse 11 (Laaye Sanjeevana…)
- Fame: Verses 13-15 (Sahasa badana…, Sanakaadika Brahmaadi…, Yama Kuber …)
Sankantmochan Hanuman Ashtak
Aarti BajrangBali Hanuman ji ki
- Reciting the opening verses of the Shree Hanuman Chalisa at night at least 11 times helps to remove the sins you may have committed by insulting someone knowingly or unknowingly.
- Reciting Shree Hanuman Chalisa at night helps to ward off evil forces from your life. It is especially preferred that children recite Hanuman Chalisa at night if they have fear of ghosts because the verses have the power to ward off the negative energies surrounding human beings.
- If one recites Shree Hanuman Chalisa at night, he/she is able to get the divine protection of Lord Hanuman and all his/her obstacles are removed.
- Those who have some major task to achieve, they should recite the verses 1008 times on an auspicious night of Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday or a moola nakshatra day.
- Absolute faith and correct attitude will get you the blessings of the monkey-God and with the recital of Shree Hanuman Chalisa at night, you can achieve whatever you desire for.